Your long-haul flight survival kit
Nearly everyone’s getting ready to fly out of Hanoi for summer. Read this list of essentials before you pack your cabin luggage.
- Headphones or ear plugs, just in case there’s a screaming toddler or a guy who snores like a steam strain sitting beside you
- A notebook & pen – to write lists of things to do & buy when you arrive at your destination
- The more digital devices you can squeeze into your hand luggage, the better. Kindles, iPads, laptops & smartphones can prevent you from dying of boredom on a long-haul flight. Check the regulations if you’re flying to the USA though…
- Battery charger & cable. Just in case your iPod/iPhone/tablet runs out of juice
- Sleeping mask – you’d be surprised how complete darkness can help you to sleep
- Slather on some skin milk every couple of hours while flying to avoid looking like a reptile when you disembark
- A water bottle, but make sure it’s empty when you go through airport security. Guzzling water throughout your flight will help to reduce jet lag.
- Neck pillow – don’t leave home without one!
- Chew-able candy, to help pop your ears during take-off and landing
- Socks, in case the air-conditioning starts freezing your toes off
- A book or magazine to read during take-off, because airlines won’t let us use digital devices at this stage of the flight
Please follow and like us: